The course contains four modules:
- Gypsy and Traveller History and Culture;
- Challenges faced by Gypsies and Travellers;
- Positive Strategy – Accessing Services; and
- Positive Strategy – Participation.
Each module contains generalisable principles for better practice and learning opportunities about Gypsy and Traveller history, culture and more. The course can be completed in around 60 – 90 minutes and on completion, learners will receive a certificate to demonstrate their new knowledge and understanding of the Gypsy and Traveller culture and community.
- Increased knowledge of culture, traditions and history of the Gypsy and Traveller communities;
- A better understanding of diversity within the Gypsy and Traveller communities;
- Identified obstacles to access and attitudinal issues or barriers in education, health, employment, accommodation, safeguarding and other public services, that inhibit the delivery of quality provision to Gypsy and Traveller communities;
- Improved understanding of how to engage effectively with the Gypsy and Traveller communities and what they can do to address exclusion and ensure inclusion in the delivery of services.
The training package allows it’s users to access learning at a time and place that suits them and offers cost savings for organisations and local authorities.
View an online demo