Publication date 1st July 2019
Gypsies, Roma, Travellers: Rights & Responsibilities
Tuesday 9th July 2019
First Space Chapter Arts Centre,
Cardiff CF5 1QE
Do you want to learn research skills and take part in designing and filming a video about the difficulties London Gypsy, Roma and Traveller young people face in education?
Are you 18 – 25 years old? (Or 15 – 17 in which case you will need an adult escort)
- Take part in 3 training sessions in Holloway and at City Hall, and receive £20 voucher from every session you take part in, plus travel costs
- Learn research skills such as designing a questionnaire and interviewing
- Conduct 3 – 5 interviews, and receive £20 voucher for each completed interview!
- Help to design a video with a professional film company
- Act in a video (voluntary)
This project is funded by the Mayor of London as a part of their Citizen Led Engagement program.
The project will document what are the barriers London’s Gypsy, Roma and Traveller young people have in relation to education. We will teach you the skills you need to produce the project you want.
The first meeting will take place on:
Wednesday 19th June 10.30am – 2.30pm at
The Traveller Movement
356 Holloway Road, N7 6PA
If you are interested, please contact Christina by Friday 7thJune
Phone: 020 7607 2002 Mobile: 079 08433413
The Good Practice guide for improving outcomes for Gypsy, Roma and Traveller children in education outlines three years of research, case studies, and good practice, as compiled by the Traveller Movement education and advocacy team.
As well as providing an overview of the presenting issues, the report profiles good practice in schools and outlines what good schools are doing to encourage Gypsy, Roma and Traveller (GRT) pupils to remain and to thrive in education.