Skip to content
What’s the focus?
- Understanding the original, multiple and diverse literacies of Gypsies, Roma and Travellers
- Recognising the role that children, parents, siblings, community members and early years practitioners play in early years literacies
- Identifying and co-creating empowering practices working with Gypsy, Roma and Traveller communities
What are we doing?
- Learning about literacy approaches that Gypsy, Roma and Traveller children and communities use
- Exploring the way Gypsy, Roma and Traveller children navigate different levels of literacy
- Identifying strategies to promote positive relationships across communities and settings
How are we doing it?
- Working across different regions of England with Gypsy, Roma and Traveller communities
- Looking at practice that take place at home, in education and within the community
- Working in partnership with communities, settings and experts from across the UK
- Producing materials that celebrate and support Gypsy, Roma and Traveller children’s needs.