Wed, January 20, 2021 10:00am – 12:00noon
Join the launch of the national initiative to support Gypsy Traveller Roma Showman and Boater students in Higher Education
You can find more information and register for the event via Eventbrite.
You are invited to join the launch of the new GTRSB into Higher Education pledge, this ground-breaking initiative is designed to encourage and support Universities, Colleges or educational institutions to undertake certain steps to support Gypsy, Traveller, Roma, Showman, and Boatmen students into and within higher education.
The national initiative is the first of its kind and is not be missed if you have an interest in education. There will be a range of guest speakers from Bucks New University and the Gypsy, Traveller, Roma, Showman, and Boatmen communities.
- Baroness Janet Whitaker, Co-Chair APPG for Gypsies, Travellers and Roma
- Kate Green, MP, Shadow Education Secretary
- Professor Nick Braisby, Vice-Chancellor and CEO of Buckinghamshire New University
- Professor Margaret Greenfields, Professor of Social Policy and Community Engagement, Buckinghamshire New University
- Sherrie Smith, GTRSB Research Assistant, Buckinghamshire New University
- Chelsea McDonagh, Traveller Movement
- Professor, Colin Clark, University of the West of Scotland
- Lisa Smith, Chair, ACERT
- Chris Millward, Director for Fair Access and Participation
For further information on the pledge and how higher education institutions can take the pledge, please click here. If you have any questions, please contact Sherrie.Smith@bucks.ac.uk