A mediator is a person whose work involves promoting communication and understanding between members of Gypsy, Roma or Traveller communities and any public authority, such as schools, health services, council departments, government agencies, landlords. The course is primarily for community members.
- Are you a member of the Gypsy, Roma or Traveller communities?
- Do you, in the course of your work, promote understanding between Gypsy, Roma or Traveller communities and public bodies?
- Would you benefit from a total of seven days, high quality residential training, completely free of charge?
- Could you be available between the 4th and 8th of December 2012, and for a follow-up course in March 2013?
- Do you fancy a trip to Brussels in January?
When, where and how? Click here
“The real intercultural mediator has a good knowledge of the “cultural codes” of the community and of the institution, is impartial and focused on improving communication and cooperation and on stimulating both parties to take responsibility and to be actively involved in a change process”